Thursday, October 25, 2007

Driving list

Why I was not meant to drive:
  • I don't even like driving
  • I don't particularly like cars
  • Cars are bad for the environment
  • Driving brings out the not-so-nice side of people
  • Cars are isolating and dehumanizing
  • I OFTEN forget to turn off my lights and kill my battery (evidence from this week: on Tuesday night I left my lights on while at a writing date at a coffee shop. At night. When it is dark and usually not difficult to catch such a BRIGHT oversight. On the downside: I did further damage to my battery and had to stand by the side of the road shaking my head at myself and wondering how I would get through the rest of my driving life without driving myself crazy. On the upside: I met a lovely boy named Steph who assured me it was his PLEASURE to give me a boost.)
  • Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from the provincial transit authority letting me know that because I had failed to pay my car registration that was due at the end of September, my car was no longer allowed on the road. Or else. (The or else being a sizable fine). Christ.

No comments: